Thursday, March 25, 2010

Turbans

So last night we were having a little chit-chat with Radhika's mom about whether or not I wanted to wear a turban. At first I didn't know exactly what to think. Like what do these turbans look like? And you know, I'm a very stylish dude, so it could totally cramp my style.

Well, we talked and I found out there are two types of turbans (almost like ties with regular and clip-ons): you can get them pre-wrapped or have them tied around your head when you put them on. Also, it can be pretty much any color, of course matching with the whole wedding get-up.

Armed with this information I went in search of what type of turban I would wear. I found a couple of turbans that were ok, but didn't really speak to me as a person. For example this red and white one to the left. It's ok, but not really "John", you know? So I kept looking and looking and eventually found one that fit me, and looked like it would be perfect for my wedding.



Here it is. The John B wedding turban. All the guys will be jealous of the size of my turban. At 30 kg I think it brings the correct weight that I want to my wedding.

7 comments:

  1. You better consult the turbanizer before making your final choice: http://turbanizer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering if you will also need all the accessories he is carrying?
    The thing on his left arm looks like a flashlight of some sort, or it could be a horn, maybe it's the handle of his long talwar... hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wonder what else he has hidden away in there... lunch maybe? So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point John, the storage potential is rather impressive. Here's another suitable contender (though not of quite the same magnitude): http://www.mrsikhnet.com/uploaded_images/Nihang_Huge_Turban-770455.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  5. you better start growing that beard!
    ~Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.meenalsindianfashions.com/MIF_Mens6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha nice turbans! I think this is going to be the hardest decision of all.

    ReplyDelete