Thursday, December 23, 2010

Post Barrage! (Electronics)

The electrical outlets in India are different from those in the US. If you plan on bringing any electronics you'll need to grab a universal/international charger and power converter to deal with the different voltage in India.

Three that I have found so far are:
1) Conair Converter Adapter - able to swap out the plugs to fit several different international plugs and works for a fairly high range of power (50 - 1875 W). This can be used with things that suck more power like hairdryers, etc.

2) 50 Watt Jensen Converter - This is good for your smaller devices like iPods, cell phones, etc. and even laptops. (Might want to double check me there.)

3) Global Power Travel Kit - Says 50 W for electronics and 1600 W for appliances. I don't exactly get the reasoning there, but take a look.

I am probably going to pick one of these to use when I am in India. If any of you have experience with converter/adapters please leave a comment.

Also, cellphones. Unless you want to be paying a ton of money for roaming in India, it makes sense to get a phone to use if you are going to be there long enough. If you have a phone with a SIM card it will be fairly easy to find a SIM card and get service there. We are going to be borrowing a SIM card phone from a friend for our time there.

Just some last minute things I decided to take care of. Let us know if you have any questions about this or anything else before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment